How to weather coveralls...

Edit postReport this postReply with quoteWeathering DYED materials(coveralls)
by JBorcheck on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:13 pm

ok i bought a nice pair of walls coveralls from ebay which APPEARED green but they showed up more of a greyish. No problem i bought some dark green material dye, and some black too just incase i have to make it darker… my question is …

Do i follow the same process with the bleach to weather them, or will this make a nasty color since im using the dye? Am i just better off to weather and dirty them with grease and whatever else that wouldnt effect the dye? Any advice would be appreciated
thanks

This is my story about bleach :smiling_imp: . I just got done weathering my blue coveralls by sanding them with 80 grit paper, putting a dremel to the cuffs, pockets and leg hems. I also used a dremel for the 6 bullet holes. I washed them a couple of times, and they looked awesome. Well, me being me, I wanted more weathering. So I added about a cup and a half of bleach to a half washer tub of water. I put my coveralls in the washer, and then dried them. My blue coveralls came out purple :angry: ! I wouldn’t use bleach, but I believe RIT dye has a product out that will actually lighten/weather your coveralls.

I OFFER COVERALL WEATHERING FOR EXTREMELY CHEAP PRICES AND QUICK TURN AROUND TIME IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED.

http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=79538

Great tips ! MMN ( WHERE I CALL HOME )

LOVE THIS THREAD! Just wish we had pics.:frowning:

I wish there was an amazing thread like this for the Rob Zombie coveralls.

Thanks for the awesome tips I hope I can do most of this when my coverall come in.

this is really helpful thankyou for this guide im just doing my coveralls now for halloween so this is good help :myers:

As a guy that works with grease, oil, gas, grime, and gunk on almost a daily basis, may I make a suggestion? The spots on my clothes that get the most contact with grime is the stomach, arm cuffs, knees, and back of the pants cuffs. I actually plan in wearing my pair of Red Kaps to work for a week just for the accurate stains. If you don’t have access to a mechanics shop, try buying some grease, oil, and gas and lightly sponging these onto the areas I mentioned on your coveralls. Remember not to overdo it, you don’t want to alter the color too much or even risk ruining the fabric. Wash the coveralls on heavy duty to get rid of the extra stuff, leaving the coveralls stained. I wouldn’t worry about doing the buttocks (though don’t forget the hole at the bottom of the right back pocket :wink: ) or collar too much, in my experience these never get dirty unless you’re literally rolling around on the floor of the shop (which you usually aren’t). A lot of the mechanics I know spend a lot of time on their feet, so maybe consider wearing down the boots as well.

Oh and for bullet holes? Take those old or new coveralls out and SHOOT THEM 6 TIMES! :drinkers: :laughing: It really does work.

Greetings, upon the behalf of Myer’s fans! Just became a forum member and remain content that individuals exist whom consist of dedication pertaining to the Halloween films. I do weathering of coveralls myself and desire the utmost perfection when doing such. Pertaining to coveralls, a manifest debate over the color in the 1978 film. I prefer the Spruce Green, any thoughts upon this? Lastly, cheers to all of you and stay horror! Has any individuals set forth a order to Nightowl, not going to bash Mr. Mabry to add. Been having problems with communication and disputes over time frames of when I placed a order. Any fans out there in Western PA?

Sorry to bring back such an old thread; but I have a weathering/bleach question. I tried to soak a pair of dickies coveralls in a bleach solution that ended up being probably 70% water and 30% bleach and after 2 hours there is no color change. I know my solution is very diluted so I expect it to take longer than normal, but does anyone have any experience bleaching dickies brand coveralls and how long should I expect to soak them?

Can you tell me where to get some like those? Im on a tight budget so I couldn’t go over $40

Just a hi to all as I’am new on this site…

This was false. Warlock wore Red Wing Logger boots, not black and green jungle boots.

Here are the screenused boots Dick Warlock wore, now owned by Mark roberts
Hero boots.jpg

Hello fellow Shapes! I am currently waiting on my coveralls to come tomorrow for my Rob Zombie 2007 Michael Myers cosplay, but I am not sure where to find the patches that are on his left chest and arm. Could anyone help me out?

So I just got a new clean pair of coveralls for my Rob Zombie Halloween 2007 cosplay, does anyone have tips to make it look dirty, grungy, and gritty like the movie? The coveralls have that fresh “Duck Brown” look to it, so how do I get it darker? I dont think I have the time to actually dye the coveralls, so any tips that dont involve dyeing would be great! :myers: :myers:

Pre-weathered coveralls…

I plan on using these whenever I work outside or when working on my lawn mower, etc., to aid in weathering… then wash them after each use…
20200820_042025.jpg

They’re on Etsy for about 2 bucks each. Just type up “blank rectangle patch” and “blank oval patch”