mask care question

Its probably already on here, I searched couldn’t find. I understand a lot of members “powder” there masks. With corn starch I believe. Is that only if you’ve been wairing the mask, after clean? Say if you only display a mask, in a case or what-not, would it be a good idea to lightly powder it? Please correct me if I’m wrong! But, I thought it was just to combat skin oils and that if there is no skin oil to combat, it would attack latex’s natural moisture? Thank you for any input!

Powdering a mask will prevent the moisture in the air from damaging the latex.
If it’s for display, powdering it twice a year would be fine.
Be sure to keep it under a diplay case or covered in a plastic away from heat and sunlight.
Also use canned air to blow off dust if you’re gonna display it openly without a case.
:sunglasses:

So is corn starch the powder of choice? ^^

Yes
Baby powder is another option but not good to inhale if you’re a costume player :slight_smile:

Hey K…just curious on how much Corn Starch you use??? I give a light dusting around the entire inside of the mask, but I don’t coat it.
Nick

I use one of them foundation pads and powder inside but powder well especially in those hard to reach areas…ears, nose, air bubbles. In the end I would use canned air to blow away the remains.

The lady at the make-up store looked at me weird when I purchased one.lol

Thnks for the tips Mr. K :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By the way was this the look the lady gave you?? :stuck_out_tongue:

lol…classic. I’ll go to the make up store and ask for a pad that is best for applying Corn Starch :laughing:
I like going to the make up store…lot’s of hot chicks working there.
Nick

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth::cry:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No worries, ive gotten that look from the ladies many times. :neutral_face: :open_mouth: :confused: :rolleyes:

Thank you ! One more quick one- is Talc powder ok to use? Well if I get a wierd look from cashier I’ll just say its not for me - its for my “Skin Suit” I’m making! :laughing:

Talcum powder is what’s used in baby powder(bad for the lungs) so no, unless the mask is for display :slight_smile:

:laughing: Bet that felt weird buying that K… funny man…Good info

I have had one of my masks for about 6 or 7 years and have worn it a pretty good bit when I worked in a haunted forest. I have never powdered it before and I there doesn’t seem to be any damage but I think I’ll start using the powder now. Since there isn’t damage yet, do you think it is still possible to prevent it?

Indy masks of today will last along time.
Be sure to wipe the inside with a damp cloth and let it dry, then powder it.

I use paper towel first to wipe out the sweat then would clean the inside with a damp one.