Questions About H5

Well, I decided to watch H5 last night since I haven’t seen it in FOREVER! I noticed a few things that I don’t understand.

1. Why did the old guyser in the beginning let this stranger lay in his house for a whole year!?

2. Why was Jamie mute? I couldn’t find a logical explanation for it.

3. Tina seemed to just COMPLETELY forget about Rachel after she left her house. What’s up with that?

4. How is Michael able to drive a Manual so good? It was his first time, as far as the films show.

5. WHO THE HELL IS THE MAN IN BLACK!!!?

6. Towards the end, in the old house, how did Loomis’ revolver fire 10 rounds?

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude WHOS THE MAN IN BLACK?!? lol have you seen Halloween the curse of michael myers? if not…watch it an it will tell you who that man is…

and as for jamie not speaking…sometimes people go through severe tradgic situations that leave you in perminent shock…now how she just ‘comes to’ toward the end is a little weird…she would also be more chatatonic…i dont think people that are in severe shock can even relate or communicate to anything…she seemed like she wanted to get words out but couldnt

an the old guy that kept michael…I ALWAYS THOUGHT that the old guy was kind of maybe a sicko…cause if you think about it…michael is comatose for a year…maybe he thinks michael is dead? and if that isnt it he is mearly helping a fellow out…he lives alone hes probably hoping michael will wake up an befriend his ass hahaha…

and dude i really hope u mean thats the first time mike drives a standard an not driving in general! cause michael has drivin many times befoe that

Man in black…Dr. Terence Wynn.
Watch H6 :sunglasses:

from what i can remember, the man in black was suppose to be michaels twin brother, thats where it was suppose to lead…but H6 clears that up. Jamie killed her mom and probably went to her head…and michael had all day to learn how to drive a manual remember he killed the guy at the beginning

well i got one…and its drivein me nuts WHAT IS THE BIRD SAYING at the OLDMAN’S?
I CANT BELEAVE IT? seems like it…lol

I’ve always thought the scene of Michael being sheltered by the hermit was a direct rip from the 1935 classic Bride of Frankenstein.

I watched H6, but it still didn’t make sense. I don’t get who the hell he is. And yes, I mean Mikey driving “stick” that’s why I said MANUAL.

It’s explained more in the h6 producers cut which explains the issue of THORN better.
The man in black looks after Michael.

Looked into it a bit more in-depth. He’s Dr. Loomis’ colleague, Dr. Wynn. His job is to protect Michael. I get it now. Noticed something else, but about H1, not H5. In the famous “Bush Scene”, on the close-up of Annie, you see a puff of smoke pass in front of her…

From John Carpenters cigarette :sunglasses:

I think question number three is the only one I’d really care to ask, because I’ve always wondered that myself.

But now that I think about it…she told Tina that she might leave for out of town with her parents so that’s where Tina thought she’d gone. So that solves that. :laughing:

Also, I believe in that same scene, if you look over the bushes in the background on a porch, you see a couple of guys watching the scene being shot.

myers drove a stick in h4 most rigs or tow trucks are manual …tommy

Now that you mention it, you’re right. But, technically, all that does is revert the question back to the previous film. How did he drive that one so well?

i always say when watching a movie that thats what it is a movie. i remmeber going to see jason x in the theater and the guy in front of me yelling all COME ON every 5 minutes.i said to him dude you paid to see jason in space did you not know this was about jason in space.HE SAID YES AND I SAID THEN SHUT UP. so you might want to just say its a movie made for entertaining .thats what i do. i dont ask why or if the movie looks dumb to me i just dont watch it…tommy

I’ll offer some possibilities. I’d just like to mention that i’m not fond of H5 at all (not even the mask), but i’m just giving you my opinions on what i think looking at this movie as just that, a movie. I am in no way defending the writers/director of this movie or this movie as part of the Halloween franchise.

1. Why did the old guyser in the beginning let this stranger lay in his house for a whole year!?

Well, the old hermit was three things: 1) very caring, 2) very lonely and 3) a “bit” senile. The thing that gets me is that it’s not just a stranger he lets into his shack, it’s a stranger wearing a MASK.

1. Why was Jamie mute? I couldn’t find a logical explanation for it.

People who suffer severe trauma can sometimes experience alogia, which is literally a lack of words. In Jamie’s case, the trauma she endured throughout Halloween 4 (evidenced by her finally snapping at the end), transformed into a severe case of alogia. That’s why she’s in that mental clinic under the “care” of Dr. Loomis,

1. Tina seemed to just COMPLETELY forget about Rachel after she left her house. What’s up with that?

Two things: 1) Tina was scared outta her mind and became more instinctive than rational, focusing what little logic she had left on protecting herself and jamie. It was an extreme fight or flight response. or 2) she’s just stupid.

1. How is Michael able to drive a Manual so good? It was his first time, as far as the films show.

In H5, it’s revealed that Michael has had help from at least one other person… The man in black. Perhaps he taught him.

1. WHO THE HELL IS THE MAN IN BLACK!!!?

Not even the writer/director knew! But at this point, he’s some stranger who doesn’t live in Haddonfield (hence his arriving on that bus lol).
The MIB (man in black) knows enough about Michael as he follows him, knows where his old house is, and helps him escape at the end. The MIB is as murderous as Michael, he shot up the police station killing the entire police force (the second time in as many years this has happened lol, man, in Haddonfield who the f**k would wanna become a cop?! when you’re guaranteed to get killed each halloween). Anyways, the MIB arrived with a purpose and knows Michael and they share a connection (the same tattoo).
In H6 it’s revealed that the MIB is Dr. Wynn.

1. Towards the end, in the old house, how did Loomis’ revolver fire 10 rounds?

He probably reloaded it during the cuts and edits between scenes.

Loomis states that she “attacked” her mother, not killed. The movie never actually implies that she’s dead does it??

Speaking of the old hermit scene, didn’t Don Shanks say something about an alternate killing scene shot for that? Think I heard that in the “25 Years of Terror” interview…

There was a scene shot of a young punk kid “doctor death” finding and reviving Myers. It was in one of the documentaries and didn’t look much better than what we ended up with.

I think the idea they were trying to present in the beginning of 5 was that Michael is ‘inactive’ the rest of the year, only being active for the Holiday. I’ve also heard that in the novelization the Hermit is a distant relative of Myers, as if we needed more of those.

:laughing: