Been into scary stuff for a year or so but Halloween is new to me

I just joined so I guess I ought to introduce myself somehow.

I’m fairly new to the Halloween and Myers crowd, but I’ve loved slasher films since I watched the original Scream last October. Since then I’ve seen all seven. It wasn’t until a few months ago I watched Halloween ‘78 for the first time. When I get into something I get really into it really fast. So obviously I already know about the mask history, and the coveralls, and the knife, and the boots, et cetera. All I have so far are some Tex Greens, next is gonna be a PH Kirk H1 and after that maybe some Altama boots if I can find a pair in my size.

Favorite movie is H1 and my favorite mask is either NAG 98 Proto Classic (due to it not being a retool of a retool of a retool), the original SC Small, or PH’s current Kirk lifecast sculpt.

So far I have no Myers masks. Absolutely none. But I do have quite a few Fun World masks.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, brother! Always love new members saying hi. You gotta show off your first mask when you get it!

2 Likes

You bet I will. Hopefully that’ll be by or before October lol!

1 Like

The Toyfair Kirk currently is the best Kirk Lineage mask on the market, it’s from the original Sean Clark mold and enlarged, Ph’s Kirk is the best sculpt done from the lifecast, he’s going to do a retool of it soon so keep an eye out for it

Here’s the Toyfair Kirk as a kirk next to an original SC 75 from the original mold, a converted H1 and his recent converted H2

And Ph’s kirk as a Kirk, H1 and 2

2 Likes

Oh dont worry i know all about those. I talk to PH pretty often, usually bugging him to get the retool done soon LOL!

Anymore photos of that H1? I saw it the other day online but scrolled to quick. I do agree that Kirk is pretty spot on to the OH, just wish the lips had a tad more definition

1 Like

I LOVE the look of it, personally. I will say the ears and eyes could be improved but it’s definitely the best lifecast sculpt when finished as H1.

And a goofy pic for fun lol.

1 Like

It can vary from copy to copy in terms of finishing, his H2 finish has really come a long way

I love the clean-ness of his stuff. I don’t think his H1s need rehauling.

1 Like

His paint work really has that nice bleeding effect of the Kirk paint and the white, plus it is practically the multi purpose kirk too

1 Like

PH’s said himself he made the Kirk sculpt very general just so he could build on it to get a perfect H4 look. I think that worked in his favor, not trying to look overly detailed with every single crevice that the lifecast has, softening the cheeks and reducing deep wrinkles. the hair he uses is also closer than any other artist ive seen, texture-wise. i love the chocolate brown color of it too. it’s almost like a slightly stylized/simplified version of michael but still getting everything correct; very white face and bright brown hair

the only thing i dont like is the little flecks on the surface, but he said that can be dremelled off so i’ll certainly have him do that when i order from him

The Toy Fair Kirk looks really strange to me. It’s slightly rounded in the face and the nose is really fat. I didn’t know until today that The Jerk is actually a SCS based mask.

This is insanely impressive. I would love a Jerk that looks just like that raw pull on the right.