***Original Early 70's Shatner Lifecast***

What a great piece this is,would love a mask maker to pickup this and make a whole bunch of new Kirk’s for the community :smiley: and to add to which its going for an absolute song :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WILLIAM-SHATNER-Life-Mask-face-used-Don-Post-Halloween-Shape-Mask-c1978-/250948316148?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6daf6bf4

It’s already been done a few times… Sam McCain did it with the Shape 08 mask and Nik has used the lifecast on some of his creations as well. There are many of those lifecasts floating around out there.

Well Malone achieved the 75 Kirk from it so someone needs to up the ante imo

Agreed!!!

I think it would be great to see a new sculpt from this, how could you not? Nice post Anthony. :drinkers:

There were a few of these on e-bay last year & were pretty cheaply priced too.

Yeah there were lots of these on ebay over the last few years. I picked one up in 2009 for under $40. It is very nice and definitely what the Malone sculpt was based off.

I was going to then I sold the lifecast as a fund for a bigger kirk project coming :wink:

I remember way back when these casts hadn’t yet made it out and the first one sold on eBay for over $1,000. Whoever got it let Terry at CGP use it to make a mask… I forget what it was called… Trick or Treat?

What was funny was a week after the first cast sold for over $1,000 on eBay the same seller had another on eBay for sale and so it went. Flash forward and tons of people had access to it, molded it, casted it, etc. Sam used it, Terry at CGP used it and there’s been several artists who used it… one on the projects section now who obviosuly pressed this casting.

Malone used a young Shatner life cast on the original but you can obviously see a lot of sculpt work was done to it once it was pressed so masks with a straight clay press of this life cast will not make a perfect DP 75 Kirk look. Otherwise, we’d all have accurate Kirk masks.

I was told that the sized varied among the copies circulating.
:slight_smile: