John Thomas - FRAUD

Hello everyone, as you may have seen in my previous posts, I recently purchased a Howard studios part 2 Freddy bust from a guy named John Thomas, AKA andraculoid on eBay. I sent the funds on Feb. 27th, and he assured me that my bust would be here the week after that. It’s been almost a month and still no bust. He claims that the post office is at fault, as he provided a tracking number that still says USPS awaiting item. After doing a little digging, I seen that he’s ripped people off before on eBay. He claims he’s telling the truth and assured me that my bust would be here. I should be getting my funds back tomorrow, which sucks because I wanted the bust. He relisted the same one on eBay after he lied and told me it had already been shipped. He’s currently ignoring my texts because he knows he’s a liar and a thief. Has anyone dealt with him before? He’s got more positive feedback than negative on his account and I gave him the benefit of the doubt as I know the post office can run behind, but the clues he’s left leaves me to believe he’s lying and hasn’t shipped my bust and just tried to steal my money. Well guess what? I’m not a dumbass. So, I contacted Lewis himself and I should have a bust from him starting as soon as I get my funds. I cannot believe I have went through this again on eBay. Beware of John Thomas, he comes off as a nice guy but he clearly isn’t what he says he is. If anyone has encountered him before, please leave a comment explaining your situation. Thanks so much!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I’ve dealt with him a couple times and it’s always a run around. I think he posts things as “completed” when they aren’t completed and then makes excuses instead of just saying it isn’t ready. You would have gotten your bust most likely. Lewis is a better choice though. I’ve had two from him and he’s the man. This is the one he finished a few months ago for me. You’ll be happier in the end anyways…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow incredibly awesome man, I’m definitely still getting one. Probably from Lewis. I might my eyes painted up like yours

Sorry to hear of your run around, takes the fun out of collecting. Go with Lewis he has Howards mold now and I just received my Freddy from him. U wont be disappointed

Right. It definitely sucks. Wish people could be more honest, that’s all. I’m definitely getting one from Lewis. How long was the waiting time for you?

Good news!! Just got an email from the claim case from PayPal and come to find out he just shipped it yesterday, so that means he was lying as he assured me it was on its way weeks ago. Says it should be here Saturday but I’m going to wait to close the claim until it arrives. Will keep you guys posted!!

We got a galwyn {TROLL prop} from him, Took forever to get! He said it was shipped , When I don’t think it was? It took 4 weeks to get, On the plus side he refunded us $25.00… SELLERS NEED TO BE HONEST!!!

Glad to hear your getting what you paid for. You may already know, that when you purchase something through ebay or buy through Paypal. You can get your money back from them and let them break some knee caps on them getting reimbursed. I bought a Pip boys prop from a seller that promised that when the game and prop came out, he would send it directly to me. I took a chance and low and behold no response after it was released. So I contacted Ebay and they have a 30 day policy on fraud and paypal has 90 days. So always pay through paypal. I got my money back through Paypal.

Wow, I’m telling you man, just be straight up and honest. I’ve waited a month already, I would’ve waited anyways if he needed more time to paint. It’s a shame that people of our own kind still rip people off, this hobby isn’t one to toy with. We take our stuff seriously lol I’m gonna try to get my shipping cost back but if not oh well, won’t ever buy from him again

Oh yeah man, I contacted PayPal as soon as I seen his negative feedback, and good thing i did!! We shall see Saturday if it’s here.

Agreed! If your behind on your work, just say so! That’s not a big deal, But lying is messed up! I wanted the Gate minion prop he has, I love the movie and The prop is rare, But I have been nervous to buy it due to my last purchase, Glad you got your $$$ money back, Thanks paypal! :pumpkin:

Right I hear you, and I’m not getting my money back because the bust should be here Saturday. Just found that out today so I went through all this trouble for nothing!!

wow! keep us updated when you get your bust. anyone trying to rip people off, have no business in this hobby at all! wish that everyone is honest but sometimes we take that risk unfortunately :frowning: I have never dealt with john Thomas personally but after hearing this I wont in the future. thanks for the heads up on him and would like to see your bust when it arrives. we take our collections too serious for anyone to come in and try to scam us out of our hard earned money! hope all goes well for you man

that looks good bro! like the paint job he did and are the eyes glass?

Sorry to hear man I truly hate when I hear these stories, it gets me so aggravated! These things happen a little to often and it’s a shame. Hope everything works its self out for you man!

The first copy I had, I ordered custom acrylic eyes that were painted as his eyes appear on screen. They were nice but not 100% what I was looking for. Lewis said he could paint them up and I wouldn’t care about going with acrylic again…I wasn’t disappointed. He just painted the eyes on the bust itself on this copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t understand why people lie about stuff like that! Just say its not finished or its not gonna ship out right away! Glad to hear your gonna get it Saturday. Keep us posted and id love to see some photos!

jarrett62960 the acrylic looks good, i have never had the acrylic only had the glass eyes in busts in the past and unfortunately had to sell my freddy and doug Bradley life cast pinhead bust guess that’s how this hobby goes always getting collecting and getting rid of nice pieces to make room for new, well my luck anyways bc i don’t have a lot of room lol I’m wanting to get another freddy bust later though but not sure what i want. i like your freddy bust i may get him to make me one. is the wait time long?

For sure. Well said, it’s definitely going to be here tomorrow!! Can’t wait!

Thanks man!! Things are looking up now!