Halloween 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Returns

From what I understand, it begins production next month (they REALLY want the authentic Fall/Autumn feel), and filming will take place in South Carolina.

Not sure if it has been said but I hear it will be released by Universal Pictures and Miramax on October 19, 2018? We know how studios love to push and push the time frame due to budget. Until we know I can only wonder:

1. Do they have a script? If so/not is it normal to make such announcements without?

2. Perhaps we should not get too into the picture posted. Seems to me they just wanted to give the fact it will be a Halloween/Michael Myers/Laurie Strode film.

3. What timeline would make the most sense if it is to be a ‘sequel’?

4. If this were a reboot I’m sure they would not be adding JLC.

5. If JC has the creative control as he did in H1/H2 I think it will be great. Notice I didn’t say fantastic. I love JC and his directing days in the early years he made some revolutionary films with his style. However, that style now has been so overly used by him and other directors that I fear if he just continues that theme we will just get another Halloween movie.

6. This movie will be fantastic if we continue with the mystery to Michael Myers, further the story with him and Laurie (we saw them when JLC visited Michael in the sanitarium). However, this movie can be made fantastic with other concepts as well, I just think this one would be best.

7. If they go cheap with the film it will show. We all agree that money doesn’t make fear. But it does make it better when done right. Imagine the huge hit ‘IT’ remake with the budget of a B movie.

8. The location of the film will be the most critical part I believe. Just like H4 I really felt I was in Illinois. I am from Illinois, the central part where there are corn rows and bean stalks as far as the eye can see. Flat land. Long travel to and from places.

9. I hope they leave out Rappers (Busta Rhymes) Singers (Game of Thrones red haired guy) and/or any other pop culture freaks to direct a target audience of millenials.

10. I hope most of all they keep politics out of it. Keep out SJW issues, Femenism, White Priveledge, etc.

im so confused on the story now cause isn’t h3 taking place after the original h2 ?

Really excited for this! :smiley:

Nice! I like that better actually.

Bring back Dr. Loomis! I think that the movie needs to continue right after the narrative from the original 2nd Halloween. It would be cool if the movie included voice overs of some of the things that Dr Loomis (Donald Pleasance) used to say. What do you guys think?

I’m thrilled that Jamie Lee Curtis is back for this movie! I always thought Jamie Lee Curtis being in H20 made it feel more like the original H1 & H2.

The Myers mask actually looks a lot like the original Hero.
Halloween 2018 Myers Mask.jpg

If it continues after H2 it would be the easiest way to not include Loomis as they can say he died in the fire but Michael survived

This movie just shows more and more potential every time news about it shows up.

South Carolina was a bad choice then, It’s in the 80’s and they aren’t known for their leaf changing. Last year in NC it was 70’s for halloween and still pretty green.

This was NC like a week before halloween:

haha

Cool idea- What if they did what they did with Paul Walker in the new Fast and Furious movie, with Donald? Just a thought.

That would ruin it for me lol

I personally wouldn’t like to see it either, I just thought “Here’s a way they could incorporate Loomis.” The “cool” part of my statement doesn’t mean that I think it would be cool for them to do it, but that the science and technology behind it is. Does that make sense?

Yea, Michael and Donald driving a car and than the road splits and they go there own way!

Offcourse w this song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5djSk

:mrgreen:

Yes exactly! Only way I’ll go see this movie is if they do this. CRUCIAL to the plot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The leaves change like crazy come Fall time in SC…especially mid October. And what makes SC a great choice is the quaint small towns that would represent Haddonfield very well.

Trust me, I’m right there with you. I got the info from ProductionWeekly and, as soon as I saw it, I was immediately disappointed.

Also, you know what just occurred to me? Granted, I have no idea how close Hillsborough, NC is to South Carolina, but is it possible they worked out a deal to film in the Myers house replica there? Hmm… :question:

I feel like Kenny would say something if they did… but you never know. The problem is it would be expensive to make it look like a neighborhood… he’s out in the middle of nowhere.

I guess if they went to the Greenville area in SC near the mountains… they could get some good orange leaves. Possible.

Another thing to consider is the fact that last fall it was unseasonably warm, and dry, which is probably why the leaves didn’t really change. However, this fall, my understanding is that leaves will be very colorful due to more rain, and it will be much cooler. Also, the leaves should be at their peak colors in late October to early November.