Halloween 2018: Jamie Lee Curtis Returns

Well said. :wink:

Itā€™s official. The new film is ignoring all of the sequels including Halloween II. http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3463699/john-carpenter-says-next-years-halloween-disregards-everything-past-original-film/
Wt

Iā€™m happy with the change, as much as I love H2.

H2 is a great movie. A classicā€¦ butā€¦ it ends the story perfectly as it was made to do. 4-6 pretty much just made Michael Jason and just kept bringing him back to go for the sister. It was a creative deadlock for everybody involved.

I think the new team sees this and wants to make something that stands up to the original on itā€™s own terms.

The big problem I see is that it will confuse casual fans a lot. But Iā€™m down for something interesting.

Iā€™m really pleased to hear that. It makes michael scarier if hes got no motive for going after Laurie

You may have read the news wrong. It takes place after Halloween (1978), ignoring all (including H2) after that.

Knowing that Halloween 18 is going to skip all but the original and that Green and McBride told Carpenter they have a way to ā€œrevitalizeā€ the franchise makes me wonder if theyā€™re going to go with Carpenterā€™s original idea for Halloween 4. http://wickedhorror.com/features/script-pieces-carpenter-etchisons-halloween-4/

Really interesting! I never knew about this, I just always assumed that John Carpenter and Debra Hill left the franchise after H3

who will play the role of Michael Myers in the new Halloween movie? I am intrigued to know

Forgive me if it has been talked about. I donā€™t feel like going back and reading this entire thread. Does anyone know where the mask is coming from? Any info at all on it?

I just hope Carpenter keeps his word and keeps Michael/The Shape as the unkillable motiveless force of nature/boogeyman in H1. Iā€™d hate to see him humanized again. Someone somewhere else mentioned McBride said he wanted to avoid the supernatural stuff in the sequels, but if he really said that, I hope heā€™s talking about the Thorn stuff and/or overt displays of superhuman strength and such because The Shape/Michael was definitely supernatural in the original, just in a subtle way that still let you see the serial/spree/mass killer aspect.

Its been newly speculated from images that it could be the JTK :drinkers:

Looks good
IMG_2352.JPG

Is this the actual poster?

I donā€™t think it is. Probably just another pre-prod promotional poster

Looks pretty damned cool!

This poster was made by a member over at the Official Halloween Message Boards. Itā€™s very nice indeed.

Everyones so excited about this Jamie nigga returning, but what about me? Is there no clamor for more BUSTA? I am disappointed yā€™all.

Could JLC be the new loomis? the ahab hunting him down throughout the movie?

i made a mock up teaser poster earlier today. Tried to go for something we could realistically be seeing in theaters by early Spring/summer.

Whatā€™s the JTK? [emoji15] Iā€™m not that familiar with mask names